Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

What I learned from the tent

Last summer, I took the kids to the pool. We had a loong summer afternoon together and I came home and wanted to take a shower by myself. I figured my best chance to get a moment of peace was to set up the tent so they would have something to occupy them. The tent proved harder to set up than I thought. My husband came home from work a few hours later and I was still in my swimsuit, in the front yard, with tent mess all over. Five children were very busy “helping” me. I could tell by the smile on his face that he thought this was amusing. He asked me if it seemed a bit trashy to set up a tent in the FRONT yard in my swimsuit. It was then that I realized that I had become THAT mother. The one that doesn't care what other people think. Not because I have no social graces, but because I care so much more about what the five adorable children think.